Monday 9 July 2012

maple pecan pudding


i was having a really bad day the other day. i was tired, i had a sore back, i was feeling sad about coming back to the real world after my amazing 10-day vacation, and to top it all off, i smacked my head on the counter. i needed a treat.

so i whipped up this fabulous pudding. it was just the thing to bring me to my senses and put a smile on my face. maple syrup. pecans. does it get any better than that?

also, if maple pecan is not your style, check out the chocolate and vanilla options!
ingredients:


1 c milk (i used almond)
1 heaping T corn starch
1 t vanilla
dash salt
3 T maple syrup
1/4 c pecans

to make:

mix milk, corn starch, vanilla, salt and maple syrup


whisk over medium heat 5-10 minutes, until the mixture boils and thickens


add 2/3 of the pecans, and mix them in


 

pour pudding into 2 cups or ramekins


sprinkle the remaining pecans on top


refrigerate a few hours, until cooled!


enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment